From the Hopewell Township Police Department- Please see the list below of road closures. These may persist for the long term until repairs can be made.
Road Closures due to Hurricane IDA
Route 654 between Route 31 and Moores Mill Mt. Rose Road (bridge structure damage)
- #125 and higher access from the Hopewell Borough Side
- # 114 and lower access from Route 31
*** Damage to roadway but passable on the eastbound lane of travel just in off of Route 31 near the pond, USE CAUTION.
*** Large bridge just east of the golf course entrance has structural damage.
Aunt Molly Road (complete roadway washout)
- #92 and higher access from Route 518
- #84 and lower access from Cherry Valley Road
*** Use caution, natural gas main exposed and entire south side of roadway has damage.
Stony Brook Road (roadway washout)
- #78-128 access from Route 518
- #74 and lower access from Mt. Church Rd to Stony Brook Rd to VanDyke Rd
*** Use caution multiple areas of roadway washed out along entire length.
VanDyke Road (bridge damage)
- #205 and lower access from 518
- #206 and higher access from Mt. Church Rd to Stony Brook Rd to Van Dyke Rd
Bayberry Road (culvert bridge collapsed)
- #21 and higher access from Carter Road Side
- #17 and lower access from Pennington Rocky Hill Road
- Some of these roads may be closed for an extended period of time.
- Use caution during even minor rain events. The majority of streams and storm run-off areas have shifted and now flow in different directions than before the storm. We saw several areas that don’t usually flood have water during this event and anticipate that it will continue to occur until these features are repaired.