- Boards & Commissions
- Agricultural Advisory Committee
Agricultural Advisory Committee
- 2023 Meeting Dates- January 10, March 14, May 2, July 12, September 5, November 14
- 7:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
- Meetings are held on Zoom. Link can be found in the Agenda Center.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes.
- Lucia Stout Huebner, Chair- Term: Unexpired to December 31, 2024
Phone: 609-466-0277 Email Lucia Stout Huebner
- Ann Carcagno - Term: Unexpired to December 31, 2024
- George Sciarrotta - Term: Unexpired to December 31, 2023
- Christopher Pazdan - Term: Unexpired to December 31, 2023
- Mitchel Skolnick - Term: Unexpired to December 31, 2023
- John Hart, Alternate # 1 - Term: Unexpired to December 31, 2025
- Laurie Butler, Alternate #2 - Term: Unexpired to December 31, 2023
- Michael Ruger, Township Committee Liaison - Term: Unexpired to December 31, 2023
Established in late 2001 by Ordinance of the Governing Body, the Hopewell Township Agricultural Advisory Committee is vested with the responsibility of promoting and preserving agriculture as a viable economic activity within Hopewell Township. Working on a Township-wide basis, the Committee serves as a forum for discussion of local agricultural practices and as an agent of change for public policies that may impact farming and the preservation of farmland.
With 5 voting members and reporting to the Planning Board and the Township Committee in an advisory capacity, the Agricultural Committee enjoys the following general duties:
- Make recommendations to the Planning Board and Township Committee as to municipal land use procedures that strengthen and sustain agriculture
- Undertake studies to determine the existence of farmland and the potential for farmland preservation throughout the Township
- Prepare and forward to the Planning Board and Township Committee plans, maps and grant applications for the preservation of farmland, including but not limited to submissions to the New Jersey State Department of Agriculture (Planning Incentive Grant Program), and grant-supported programs administered by the Mercer County Agricultural Development Board
- Perform other advisory duties as may be requested by the Planning Board and Township Committee.
- New Farmland Assessment Regulation 2015 (PDF)
- News for New Jersey State Agriculture Development Committee 2015 (PDF)
- Proposed Project Area and Target Farms Map 2011 (PDF)
- Proposed Rules from State Agricultural Development Committee 03-29-2015 (PDF)
- Chapter XXII Right to Farm (PDF)
- Comprehensive Farmland Preservation Plan 1-26-2012 (PDF)
- Farmland Preservation Program 2009 (PDF)