Agricultural Advisory Committee
- 7:30 p.m.
- 1st Tuesday of every month
- Township Building
201 Washington Crossing Penington Road
Titusville, NJ 08560
- Ann Carcagno Term: January 7, 2019 to December 31, 2021
- Lucia Stout Huebner Term: January 7, 2019 to December 31, 2021
Email Lucia Stout Huebner
- George Sciarrotta Term: January 2, 2018 to December 31, 2020
- Mitchel Skolnick
Term: January 2, 2018 to December 31, 2020
- Christopher Pazdan Term: January 2, 2018 to December 31, 2020
- Erin Hurley, Alternate No. 1 Term: January 2, 2018 to December 31, 2020
- John Hart Alternate No. 2 Term : Unexpired to December 31, 2020
- Michael Ruger, Township Committee Liaison
Term: January 7, 2020 to December 31, 2020
- Administrative Officer
OverviewEstablished in late 2001 by Ordinance of the Governing Body, the Hopewell Township Agricultural Advisory Committee is vested with the responsibility of promoting and preserving agriculture as a viable economic activity within Hopewell Township. Working on a Township-wide basis, the Committee serves as a forum for discussion of local agricultural practices and as an agent of change for public policies that may impact farming and the preservation of farmland.
With 5 voting members and reporting to the Planning Board and the Township Committee in an advisory capacity, the Agricultural Committee enjoys the following general duties:
- Make recommendations to the Planning Board and Township Committee as to municipal land use procedures that strengthen and sustain agriculture
- Undertake studies to determine the existence of farmland and the potential for farmland preservation throughout the Township
- Prepare and forward to the Planning Board and Township Committee plans, maps and grant applications for the preservation of farmland, including but not limited to submissions to the New Jersey State Department of Agriculture (Planning Incentive Grant Program), and grant-supported programs administered by the Mercer County Agricultural Development Board
- Perform other advisory duties as may be requested by the Planning Board and Township Committee.