Collection Start Dates for 2023:
- To get on the schedule for collection, effective March 10, 2023 a non-refundable fee of $50 shall be paid by Wednesday prior to the collection start date for your zone. Please include your name, address, phone number, email, and list of items to be collected with your payment.
- Collection starts with Zone 1 the first non-holiday Monday of April and September. Zones 2 and 3 are the following two weeks. Please note: not every residence is collected on the first day, collection continues by zone until all scheduled stops have been collected.
- Place items at curb, not in street, no earlier than the Friday prior to pick-up and no later than 7 am the first day of scheduled collection for your zone.
- Crews will not return for items placed out after the above deadline.
Bulk waste limits:
- 5 specified items (example of one item- sofa, bicycle, table, one 5’ length (rolled) of carpet, one 6’ length of fence, four dining chairs), plus
- 4 bags/boxes not to exceed 40 pounds each. The container shall be strong enough to support weight, plus
- One 32-gallon container of light construction debris (all nails removed)
- Fencing – all concrete shall be removed.
- Mattress - Wrap in mattress bag or plastic wrap.
- Carpet and upholstered furniture - Cover with plastic to avoid getting wet & heavy.
- Windows – Cover with cardboard or tape to prevent shatter.
Examples of Items Not Accepted:
- Cement Block
- Chain Link/Wire Fence Chemicals
- Chicken Wire
- Construction Materials
- Freon Appliances
- Household Trash
- Roofing Materials Railroad Ties
- Sharps (ex. needles)
- Treated Lumber
- Tree Stumps
Non-Complying Bulk Waste Items Will Not Be Removed
Fee Payment Information
Checks should be made payable to Township of Hopewell
Can be paid-
- In-person at Public Works Bldg.–Monday thru Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
- Overnight/Evening Depository– Municipal Services Building, 201 Washington Crossing Pennington Rd., Titusville. The depository is a slot on the building where the flag poles are. There are red arrows on the sidewalk that direct you to the secure mail slot.
- By mail- Township of Hopewell, Public Works Department, 201 Washington Crossing-Pennington Rd., Titusville, NJ 08560
NOTE: Be sure to include your, name, address, contact number, email, and a list of items to be collected.