Administration Mission Statement
Administration's mission is to provide the necessary information to the Township Committee in order for policy to be set and decisions made in a timely matter.
Administration will support all staff by providing the needed technology with which to perform their job in an efficient manner, and by providing consistent and fair personnel policies using open communication strategies.
Administration will insure that all departments provide the highest level of government services to the community using available resources and personnel.
Overall responsibility for the day-to-day administration and coordination of municipal government services is the function of the Administration Office.
The Administration Office functions with the Township Administrator, Human Resource Director, Administrative Assistant, Purchasing Agent and Secretary.
Goals & Objectives
- Provide employees with technology applications to enhance efficiency and communications, which will enable them to perform their jobs effectively and productively, while improving processes and eliminating paper
- Provide employee training to maximize technology investment
- Promote web-based services for residents
- Promote cooperative relationships with organized labor groups
- Promote shared services via Inter-local agreements
- Minimize the Township's claims / liability through the continued membership in the Mid Jersey Municipal Joint Insurance Fund
- Promote communication and interaction among all municipal departments
- Provide adequate staffing in reception area in order to direct visitors and/or callers to the appropriate department that will be able to assist them
- Expand the Township's website so that residents could find information that they would normally call the Township to obtain
- Keep public informed through newsletters, calendar, cable TV and website
- Computerize personnel and benefit administration
- Computerize worker's compensation administration
- Upgrade the telephone system
- Upgrade the mailing system